Trade News
Inbound/ Domestic News
Outbound News
 
Home In Conversation Details

IN CONVERSATION

Monday, 21 August, 2017, 17 : 44 PM [IST]

‘Unique & diverse offerings will help St. Regis become the address of Mumbai’

Q. What are your plans in terms of sales & marketing for the St. Regis Mumbai?
A. In the current fiscal year, our focus is on to strengthen the brand image. We want to be among TripAdvisor rating’s top five hotels in the business capital of India. TripAdvisor is one of the biggest platforms today to look out for best hotels in a city. Also, we will be concentrating on market penetration and the target is to reach the second spot among all the top hotels in Mumbai in terms of RevPAR. A hotel is best known by its market penetration, by its RevPAR Index, and in the current digital age by its TripAdvisor ratings. Thus, we are concentrating on strengthening our focus across these three key parameters.

Q. St. Regis Mumbai is a standalone property. How does it rank among the other top brands in Mumbai?
A. After the merger of Starwood and Marriott, St. Regis has become a part of the world’s largest hotel company. We are the largest hotel brand in terms of global rewards programme namely SPG (Starwood Preferred Guest), Marriott Rewards and The Ritz Carlton together, so the exposure as a brand is immense. The hotel offers 395 well-appointed guest rooms, including 27 suites and 39 Residential Suites or Apartments, each of which afford stunning views of the city or the Arabian sea. Our offerings and experiences make us stand out amongst our competitors. We are situated right in the heart of city which is an add-on to our offerings as we are just 25 minutes drive from the airport and most of the corporate offices are in our vicinity. One of our USP’s is that we offer butler service for each room. In terms of speed and sport, we organised St. Regis Polo in March which was well attended by more than 600 guests.

Q. Besides in-room offerings, what are your sources for sales and revenue?
A. Apart from the 395 keys, the St. Regis Mumbai offers over 4,000 square meters of the stateof- the-art banquet spaces spread across two floors. St. Regis is growing as the address of the Mumbai. We cater to the needs of social events like wedding function or family get-together and corporate events like roadshows, fashion shows or any award function. We also offer 12 versatile meeting rooms suitable for any kind of business meetings. Apart from the event space, St. Regis Mumbai offers spa and wellness facility, a range of international dining options and being the tallest hotel of India, we are the highest nightlife destination in the country with the clubs at Level 37 and 38. Also, Forbes has listed St. Regis Mumbai as the best and largest buffet space in the world. These unique and diverse offerings are attracting guests and helping us generate more revenue.



Q. What was the RevPAR and average room occupancy of the St. Regis in the last financial year?
A. St. Regis Mumbai recorded 72% average room occupancy in the last fiscal which was our inaugural year. In the first six months of 2017, our average room occupancy has reached 80%, which is an increase of 11% compared to the same period year ago. In terms of RevPAR, we have recorded a 27% growth and are confident to close this financial year better than previous year. India, the United States and the UK have the major contributors in terms of visitors to St. Regis Mumbai. Also, Singapore is an emerging source market for us.

Q. Which travel segments are larger contributors to your revenue?
A. St. Regis Mumbai can be categorised as a business hotel; thus the majority of our guests are business travellers. About 55% of our guests are from the corporate and MICE segments. We generate around 55% of our revenue from the rooms and the remaining 45% is driven by the F&B section which can be defined as corporate events, family functions, restaurants, lounges, club, etc.

Q. How strong are you in terms of digital marketing?
A. In the era of digitalisation, one would be out of league if absent on social media. St. Regis Mumbai is certainly not behind on social media marketing front. We are ranked number two in terms of Geo-tagging and in terms of Instagram followers. We are analysing what is the need of the hour and are innovating our services to meet the new demands. The results we are achieving with our current efforts are quite satisfying. I am confident that in coming years, St. Regis will become the address of the Mumbai.

anurag.tiwari@saffronsynergies.in
 
Post Your commentsPOST YOUR COMMENT
Comments
* Name :      
* Email :    
  Website :  
     
Receive the best of Travel content in your mailbox.
Enter your e-mail ID for our
Weekly e-Newsletter
   
© Copyright 2015 Saffron Synergies Pvt Ltd